Seqirus news releases
Update on CDC Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) Review of Enhanced Influenza Vaccines for Adults 65+
Seqirus and U.S. Government Renew Multi-Year Agreement for Influenza Pandemic Preparedness and Response
• Renewal reaffirms longstanding, public-private partnership between Seqirus and the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA) to strengthen preparedness and rapid response capabilities for influenza pandemics
• Agreement includes provision for Seqirus to provide BARDA with supply of AUDENZ, the first-ever FDA-approved adjuvanted, cell-based pandemic influenza vaccine, which was developed in partnership with BARDA
Seqirus, a Business of CSL Limited, Announces New Facility Supporting Research & Development of Leading-Edge Influenza Vaccine Technology
New facility in Waltham, Massachusetts, will support CSL’s growing R&D portfolio, including the self-amplifying mRNA technology platform, the next generation of mRNA vaccine technology, for seasonal and pandemic influenza vaccines.
New Data Supports the Effectiveness of Adjuvanted Seasonal Influenza Vaccine in Reducing Influenza-Related Hospitalizations and Healthcare Costs in Older Adults
Seqirus Announces U.S. FDA Approval for Multi-Dose Vial Presentation of First-Ever Adjuvanted, Cell-Based Pandemic Influenza Vaccine
• The FDA has granted approval of multi-dose vial presentation for AUDENZ™ to help protect individuals six months of age and older against influenza A(H5N1) in the event of a pandemic.
• As the first-ever adjuvanted, cell-based influenza vaccine, AUDENZ™ was originally approved by the FDA in February 2020 in prefilled syringe presentation.
• This approval marks an important milestone in the company’s pandemic preparedness efforts in partnership with Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA).
Seqirus Presents New Real-World Evidence Supporting Effectiveness of Differentiated Seasonal Influenza Vaccine Technologies at ISIRV-WHO Virtual Conference 2021
Seqirus Receives FDA Approval of Its Cell-Based Quadrivalent Influenza Vaccine, Expanding the Age Indication to Include Children as Young as Six Months
• Approval aligns with universal age recommendation for all eligible people six months and older to receive annual influenza vaccination 1
• Cell-based influenza vaccines are designed to produce an exact match to the World Health Organization (WHO)-selected influenza virus strains 2,3
• This approval reinforces the value of this innovative influenza vaccine technology as part of Seqirus’ mission to help protect as many eligible people as possible against influenza, especially in light of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic
The New England Journal of Medicine Publishes First-of-its-Kind Study on Cell-Based Quadrivalent Seasonal Influenza Vaccine (QIVc) Efficacy in Children and Adolescents ≥2 to <18 Years of Age
Seqirus Awarded U.S. Government Contract to Develop Two Pandemic Influenza Vaccines
• Seqirus will develop and evaluate two influenza A(H2Nx) virus vaccine candidates in support of U.S. government pandemic preparedness objectives
• Company will utilize its combination of cell-based and adjuvanted influenza vaccine technologies, as well as its next-generation self-amplifying mRNA platform
• Multi-year contract with Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA) builds on longstanding, successful public-private partnership to provide rapid vaccine manufacturing response in an influenza pandemic
Seqirus Presents New Real-World Evidence Demonstrating Effectiveness of Cell-Based and Adjuvanted Seasonal Influenza Vaccines at IDWeek 2021
Seqirus Announces Investment in Next-Generation Influenza Vaccine Technology, Self-Amplifying Messenger RNA (sa-mRNA)
• Appoints Roberta Duncan as new program lead to drive technology advancement
• Accelerates development of sa-mRNA vaccine candidates for seasonal and pandemic influenza
Seqirus Presents New Safety Data Demonstrating Safety of Cell-Based Seasonal Influenza Vaccine on Pregnancy Outcomes
Findings from a new observational safety study conducted in the U.S. found no unexpected adverse pregnancy outcomes in pregnant people who were vaccinated with the cell-based quadrivalent seasonal influenza vaccine during pregnancy.
Seqirus Begins Shipping Portfolio of Innovative Vaccines for the 2021/22 U.S. Influenza Season
The company is prepared to meet the record levels of demand seen during the 2020/21 influenza season amidst the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
Seqirus Co-Authors First Study to Assess Simultaneous Administration of Seasonal Influenza Vaccine and COVID-19 Vaccine Candidate
Seqirus Presents New Phase 3 Clinical Data Supporting Use of Cell-Based Seasonal Influenza Vaccine in Children Six Months Through <4 Years of Age
Seqirus Publishes New Real-World Evidence Supporting the Effectiveness of Adjuvanted Seasonal Influenza Vaccine in Adults 65 Years and Older in Clinical Infectious Diseases
Company announces the publication of new real-world evidence on effectiveness of the MF59® adjuvanted, trivalent influenza vaccine (aTIV).
New Seqirus Data Published in Vaccines Highlight Effectiveness and Economic Benefit of Cell-Based Quadrivalent Seasonal Influenza Vaccine (QIVc) in the 2018/19 U.S. Influenza Season
Seqirus Announces U.S. FDA Approval of Expanded Age Indication of Its Cell-Based Quadrivalent Influenza Vaccine for People Two Years of Age and Older
Seqirus Presents Real-World Data for Cell-Based Quadrivalent Seasonal Influenza Vaccine (QIVc) at ESWI 2020